Mpox vaccination (Surrey)
The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) are urging anyone eligible for the mpox vaccination to come forward for the vaccine in the coming months to protect themselves before the summer. See the latest information.
First doses remain available until 16 June, with second doses available until the end of July.
To help make sure those at risk of mpox can get a vaccine, please do not book one if you are not eligible. Only sexually active gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men who ALSO meet one or more of the following criteria are eligible for vaccine:
- Patients who are on PrEP OR
- Have had a bacterial Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) e.g. Gonorrhoea, chlamydia or syphilis diagnosed in the last twelve months OR
- 10 or more sexual partners in the last 12 months or 3 or more sexual partners in the last three months OR
- Group sex in the last twelve months OR
- Sex in a sex on premises venue (e.g. sex club, sauna) in the last twelve months OR
- Advanced HIV (CD4 count below 200 or detectable viral load)
If you have previously had mpox, or currently have symptoms that may be mpox, please do not attend.
- Patients are eligible for a second dose any time from 28 days after the first dose If you received your first dose from another provider, on attendance please inform the nurse you are attending for your second vaccination and the date and provider who administered your first dose
Read more about mpox and the vaccine.
If you are attending the service for another reason please discuss with your clinician at the time of your appointment.
If you require a vaccination only, you can book online into Buryfields, Guildford Book and Wait clinic or contact the Surrey Booking Office on 01483 675 389 Monday to Friday, 9.15am to 12pm and 1.30pm to 4pm (Closed on the first and third Wednesday of the month in the afternoons) to book an appointment for Earnsdale in Redhill or Woking.
Thank you for your cooperation.