Drugs and alcohol, mental health, domestic abuse and sexual assault
- Support after sexual assault
To get advice and / or arrange forensic examination at a specialist centres 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week, please visit the websites listed below to find out which service is best for you. These organisations also offer services such as counselling and anonymous discussions with specially-trained police.
If you live in London, visit The Havens website to find your nearest service or you can call on 020 3299 6900
In an emergency, or if you need to report an assault, please call the police on 999.
- Mental health wellbeing and support
- Support if you or someone else is experiencing domestic abuse
The government acknowledges that the order to stay at home can cause anxiety for those who are experiencing or feel at risk of domestic abuse. Domestic abuse is unacceptable in any situation, no matter what stresses you are under.
Where to get help
If you are in danger and unable to talk on the phone, call 999 and then press 55. This will transfer your call to the relevant police force who will assist you without you having to speak.
National Domestic Abuse Helpline
The National Domestic Abuse Helpline website provides guidance and support for potential victims, as well as those who are worried about friends and loved ones. They can also be called, for free and in confidence, 24 hours a day on 0808 2000 247. The website also has a form through which women can book a safe time for a call from the team. The website has a quick exit button to allow you to close the website without anyone knowing you have visited it.
- Useful information (leaflet and links)
Alcohol, smoking, drugs and chemsex
- Stop smoking
- Alcohol self-help leaflet
- Drink aware website
- THT information for gay men about sex and drugs
- Club drugs and chemsex support
- Antidote LGBTQI drugs and alcohol support
- Find your local substance use services
- Consent and Chemsex advice
- National Domestic Violence Helpline
- LGBT Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Women's Aid
- Women's Aid (survivors handbook)
- Domestic Violence information booklet
- Sexual safety leaflet
- Sexual assault leaflet