Emotional wellbeing and support
The COVID-19 pandemic has understandably had an impact on the emotional health and wellbeing of some of our patients.
The Health Adviser Team at the Mortimer Market Centre is available to offer telephone support to patients with HIV who attend the Bloomsbury, Buryfields and Earnsdale services.
If you feel that it would be useful to discuss your anxieties, or just talk through your feelings, please call us on 020 3317 5100, Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, Friday 9am to 3pm. We will collect some details from you and call you back within one working day of your call.
We offer support and reassurance, coping strategies and informal counselling, and can also refer you to our HIV Psychology Service, if deemed appropriate.
We do not deal with financial or benefits advice.
Below are details of some mental health and domestic abuse organisations.
Support for patients experiencing mental health crisis/suicidal ideation:
- Samaritans: 116 123 or email email@example.com
- Maytree: 020 7263 7070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (due to COVID they are not accepting anyone for stays, however phone and email support is still available).
- Call 999 if actively suicidal
Support for patients experiencing Domestic Abuse:
- Solace: 0808 802 5565
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- The Men’s Advice Line, for male domestic abuse survivors 0808 801 0327
- GALOP: National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline 0800 999 5428