Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (SRH) Training
We offer the following qualifications from the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH):
- FSRH Diploma (DFSRH or NDFSRH)
- Letter of Competence in Subdermal Implant Techniques (LoC SDI)
- Letter of Competence in Intrauterine Techniques (LoC IUT)
We offer this training to clinicians who deliver care in general practice, community and integrated clinics in the following areas:
If you work outside of these areas you can find a trainer local to you on the FSRH website.
FSRH Diploma (DFSRH or NDFSRH)
The FSRH Diploma shows that a clinician can deliver contraceptive and sexual health care within a primary care or community setting.
There are three stages to the DFSRH:
- E-learning (optional) before taking the eKA (online knowledge assessment)
- Course of five modules of small group workshops – contact Ceri Gifford for dates. This part of the course is open to clinicians from all areas of the UK
- DFSRH clinical experience and assessments sessions.
Letter of Competence in Intrauterine Techniques (LoC IUT)
The LoC IUT course enables clinicians to hold consultations, provide intrauterine contraception competently and manage any complications or side-effects that may occur.
There are three stages to the LoC IUT training:
- Pass the eKA (online knowledge assessment) or currently hold the DFSRH/MFSRH/FFSRH
- Completion of e-SRH IUT e-learning module (module 18) of the e-Learning for Health e-SRH
- Clinical training sessions.
Nurses will need to be assessed as competent in bi-manual examinations before attending IUT training sessions.
For more information about SRH training with CNWL Sexual Health Services, please contact Ceri Gifford, Training Administration Manager:
Telephone: 020 3317 5471
5th Floor, Mortimer Market Centre
London WC1E 6JB