Checklist for patients visiting Bloomsbury Clinic
When you visit Bloomsbury Clinic for an appointment, please consider the following things:
Are your contact details and GP details up-to-date?
- If your details have changed, please visit our reception at Bloomsbury Clinic and ask for them to be updated
- If you share your contact details with us, we will assume we can call, text or email you unless you tell us otherwise
- If you do not want to be contacted or you don't want letters to be sent to your home address, please let us know
- You can choose how you want to be contacted - by phone, text, email, post or none of these
- Please note we use nhs.net to send emails - this is secure but we cannot guarantee the security of other email providers.
Have you had a blood pressure and weight check?
You should have a blood pressure and weight check every 12 months.
How much medication have you got left?
Make sure your doctor or specialist nurse knows how much medication you have left. Please remind them to make arrangements for future prescribing.
Do you have any new medication?
Please make sure you tell us if you have started any new medication. This includes vitamins, drugs bought over the counter or online, and medication that is prescribed by someone else, including creams, inhalers, nasal sprays and injections.
Have you got a follow-up plan?
Please make sure you have a plan in place for your next appointment before you leave the clinic. Ask the person taking your bloods or the doctor or nurse you have come to see. Appointments can be requested for several months in advance at reception.
If you have any questions, please speak to one of the Bloomsbury nurses or the person you are seeing for your appointment.