Monkeypox vaccination (Surrey)
Currently we are only able to offer FIRST vaccine to people already registered with our sexual health or HIV services – if you have not attended our service before please check this page regularly for updates on vaccine availability.
There is a limited supply of monkeypox vaccines available. To help make sure people at highest risk of monkeypox can get a vaccine, please do not book one if you are not eligible. Over time, as supplies increase vaccines will be offered to more people.
Only sexually active gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men who ALSO meet one or more of the following criteria are eligible for vaccine:
- Patients who are on PrEP OR
- Have had a bacterial Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) e.g. Gonorrhoea, chlamydia or syphilis diagnosed in the last twelve months OR
- 10 or more sexual partners in the last 12 months or 3 or more sexual partners in the last three months OR
- Group sex in the last twelve months OR
- Sex in a sex on premises venue (e.g. sex club, sauna) in the last twelve months OR
- Advanced HIV (CD4 count below 200 or detectable viral load)
If you have previously had monkeypox, or currently have symptoms that may be monkeypox, please do not attend.
The majority of appointments will be held at the Buryfields Clinic in Guildford. A limited number will be available at Earnsdale Clinic in Redhill and Woking Clinic.
Thank you for your co-operation.