Monkeypox vaccination (Surrey)
We are now offering SECOND doses of monkepox vaccine alongside first doses for those eligible and FIRST vaccine to people living in Surrey
There is a limited supply of monkeypox vaccines available. To help make sure people at highest risk of monkeypox can get a vaccine, please do not book one if you are not eligible. Only sexually active gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men who ALSO meet one or more of the following criteria are eligible for vaccine:
- Patients who are on PrEP OR
- Have had a bacterial Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) e.g. Gonorrhoea, chlamydia or syphilis diagnosed in the last twelve months OR
- 10 or more sexual partners in the last 12 months or 3 or more sexual partners in the last three months OR
- Group sex in the last twelve months OR
- Sex in a sex on premises venue (e.g. sex club, sauna) in the last twelve months OR
- Advanced HIV (CD4 count below 200 or detectable viral load)
If you have previously had monkeypox, or currently have symptoms that may be monkeypox, please do not attend.
- Patients are eligible for a second dose any time from two months after the first dose If you received your first dose from another provider, on attendance please inform the nurse you are attending for your second vaccination and the date and provider who administered your first dose
The majority of appointments will be held at the Buryfields Clinic in Guildford. A limited number will be available at Earnsdale Clinic in Redhill and Woking Clinic.
Thank you for your cooperation.