Important COVID information for people with HIV
- Anyone with HIV is strongly recommended to have two Covid-19 vaccines and a booster at least 3 months’ after the second dose, you can book your vaccine here
- Some people with HIV (such as those with a low CD4 count) should have three doses and a booster at least 3 months’ after the third dose, you can read more here
There are new treatments available for people at home which reduce the risk of needing to be admitted to hospital. Treatment needs to be started within 5 days of getting symptoms and there are two ways to access it:
- Panoramic Trial: ALL people with HIV are eligible
- Routine NHS Treatment: People at higher risk of severe COVID (which includes some people with HIV) may be eligible for Covid-19 treatment if they have symptoms and a positive PCR test.
- You can read more about these options on the British HIV Association website here or on the NHS website here: nhs.uk/CoronavirusTreatments